- Wetting Agent
BESTWET Wetting agent
BESTWET is a non-ionic wetting agent that has been developed for use on amenity grass, golf greens and tees. It is designed to help prevent the occurrence of localised dry patch (LDP) which prevents healthy grass growth.
BESTWET will allow water/moisture to move down deeper into the rootzone by lowering the interfacial tension between water and other substrates. It also enables water to spread out laterally throughout the soil profile giving maximum stress relief to all plants and reducing vital plant count loss.
- Effective at lowering interfacial tension in the root zone allowing hydrophobic areas to be ‘wetted’
- Non-scorch. Some surfactants can have powerful emulsifying effects on hydrophobic materials – overuse (too often or at too high a concentration) can potentially strip away important constituents from the plant and lead to a ‘scorching’ effect.
- Very low phytotoxicity (low toxicity to plants)
- Low foam when mixing in the spray tank
- Assists in maximising the effectiveness of a range of soil chemicals and fertilisers
- Readily biodegradable
BESTWET is supplied as a concentrated liquid, as end hose applicator tablets or 2.5k 'bombs' for irrigation tanks. BESTWET can also be incorporated into the manufacturing of bespoke liquid fertiliser formulations.